We can officially say that we have a loft in the kid’s playroom which is well on it’s way to being my dream home indoor playground for the kids! Shop related indoor playground equipment at the bottom of the post!
Since I am such a visual person, I’ve hunted high and low for home indoor playground ideas to start forming a good vision for our own!
Home Indoor playground goals
- Visually stimulating for the kids: Get them excited to play just by entering the room.
- Physically stimulating for the kids: Have enough elements to help get their body’s moving during the cold indoor winter months. Climbing, swinging, dangling, rolling, sliding, etc. These are all movements that are so good for their growing bodies!
- Professional looking: I’ve thrown together my own “indoor playgrounds” before and they totally did the job for where we were at, but I’m looking forward to designing and building a space that is thought out and well made!
- Helps with imaginative role playing: The design or design parts will have different areas for creative play. Maybe a workshop, veterinary office, pirate ship wheel, or space rocket buttons! These areas could grow and change every year with the kid’s interest.
- Provides organization: Not only does the rec room need to be the indoor playground, it needs to be an organized playroom where the majority of the kids toys will reside. So incorporating smart storage within the play structure will be key! I envision lots of shelves, boxes, or cabinets to keep toys tidy and out of sight.
Best Designed Indoor Playgrounds on the Internet
Let’s look through the most eye catching designed indoor playground playrooms on the internet! Let’s take notes at the things the designers and architects did to make these outstanding indoor playground playrooms stand out for their clients!
Note: Prosvirin Design made a cozy kids loft with this plush soft fabric. I love the cushioned walls and of course this blush color!
Notes: Carl Wooley took this bright kid’s room and used raw colors for a natural looking play gym. I love the ceiling climbing rope! It would be a fun place for the kids to hang or lay in.
Notes: How fun is this modular looking climbing and storage play gym? It’s compact and still adventurous! I love that they added carabiners for hanging more fun things!
Notes: This modern play gym would not be hard to create! The planked wood wall flows into the play structure connecting the whole space together.
Notes: This incredible play loft takes the natural wood with soft accent colors of purple, green, and gray. I think adding a modern wood hoop is so unique and a fun idea to keep your indoor playground modern and playful.
Notes: I’m in love with the simple layout playroom by Yestudio. The seamless wood design is a little too neutral for my kids playroom, but the stairs next to the slide is a great idea!
Notes: This adorable play loft by M House Development is simple and cute! I love the custom slide against the wall. The gray wallpaper is a fun way to pull the white and black together.
Notes: This design by Isabel Lopez Vilaita is one that really resonates with my goals for an indoor play gym. The Ikea storage bins hit my practical side 100% and the netting top is reoccurring theme that is really fun!
Notes: This Elena Ivanova kids playroom is so fun with the cute wallpaper and wood slat covers on the loft.
Notes: Frauline Flora gave her basement a makeover to make the perfect kids indoor playground with multiple climbing structures and soft fall cushions!
Notes: Hao Design made this cute play loft with little house and wood slide! I love the pink pipe accent and will add spray painting pipes to the loft DIY list!
Notes: Tigerplay made this gorgeous indoor playground for a client. I love the purple padded floors with the wood beams and white structure! Tunnels and ropes are such a great idea for kid’s gym!
Notes: This indoor play gym is perfect for the older kids. Get a sturdy. soft couch, install a rock wall, and hang some monkey bars and ropes on the ceiling!
Notes: This kids bedroom play gym is so visually stimulating with the varying levels! I love the built-in storage cubes!
Notes: This small room play structure is perfect for young kids! I need to get one of those soft round tubes! It’s the perfect reading nook.
Notes: Different textures make this play loft a sophisticated, visually stimulating place for kids to hang out!
Notes: This neutral palette indoor play ground is so well done. Did you catch that hop-skotch mat?! It’s so cute. The lightweight swing would be a fun addition to a play loft!
Notes: Speaking of swings, this kids indoor playground has two great swing ideas! We definitely 2 of those cocoon swings for the kids!
Notes: How amazing is this pirate loft by Steve Kuhl. It was a three level design where the slide came out by the stairs!
Shop the indoor Playground Post
What is this list of indoor playgrounds missing that is perfect for kids? Let me know below!