Have you ever wondered how to contact your Ikea directly? Since my most recent Ikea bonanza, which you can read here, I’ve learned a few things..
- There is unbelievably, inconceivably, NO way to find a number to contact my (and probably your) local Ikea directly by phone. I’ve scoured the web in different investigative fashions and came up with NOTHING. No extensions. No names. NADA.
- You’re online Ikea part “in stock quantity” may be inaccurate. This is not what you need when you are traveling anything more than 30 minutes to get to your local Ikea store right?!
So begs the question: How DO you find out the exact in stock quantity of your necessary Ikea item?
Let’s go through how to find if all my shelf pieces are in stock just using their online system.
- Find your entire shelf unit online.
- Select your store from the option box in the lower right hand side click ok.
- Click on “Click here to view stock prognosis.”
- This page will show you the prognosis for all the parts in general.
- To find what the stock prognosis is for a particular piece go back to the main product page and click “Save to List” (It’s next to “Buy Online”)
- Go to you list by clicking on “My shopping list” in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Click on “Print Shopping List”
- It will open a new page in your browser and you’ll be able to see the article numbers for individual pieces for your unit.
- Copy the article number and paste it into the search bar of the Ikea home page to locate the exact piece.
- Then check the stock prognosis for the particular piece using the same above process. This piece in particular had way more available than the taller portion piece. Which I had (sadly) witnessed in the store.
That all seems legit and informative right?! Maybe not.
What do you do when the quantity is super low or has changed significantly one way or the other (or both!) in, say, two days span? Is the item REEEALLY in stock or is it a fluke that will waste you 2 hours of driving and heartbreak. Do this!
How to contact Your Ikea directly and quickly!
- Add the item you want to your cart and click on your shopping cart. Click “Begin Checkout.”
- In this information page you NOW have the option to “Start a Chat” in the upper right hand corner!
Is this accessible throughout the rest of the site? NO. Why do you need to be so complicated Ikea?! So just like that I had a super sweet gal look up my article number online and found the same information I could see. Then she called my local store and had someone PHYSICALLY CHECK to see if the item was in stock. It wasn’t! They told her they expected the shipment to get there in another 5 days and to check before I came. (Do they realize there is no way to call their store??)
Oh well, I now at least have this chat function that I’m going to use anytime I need to verify the practicality of my long Ikea trip!
I hope this helps you in your Ikea adventures friends!