Hello party animals! I’m just five days away from turning the big 26 and am planning a 1920s party to ring in my next year of life! Last Friday I shared with you where you can find your 1920s apparel in ONE stop for FANTASTIC prices. (My little birthday package should be arriving any day!) Today we’ll get to some more good stuff. Like the good stuff that comes in a glass and gets the party started! (Ahem, please drink responsibly and with classy flare.) If these photographs don’t get you into the 1920s speakeasy mood, I don’t know what will!
First you’ll need a printable drink menu to get your bar list ready and your guests in that swanky 1920s mood. (Made for an 8×10 print, just click the image to find the full size printable version.)
Lastly, you’ll need a special place for your drink to sit. Therefore I made use of my new Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Kitand made some DIY party coasters!
Here’s how to go about making these fun party accessories!
1. Select wood from garage pile & wipe it down some. Then measure 4.125″ x 4.125″ squares to be cut on the table saw.
2. Cut 4 connected squares out of wood. (I think it’s easier to carve with more surface area to brace.)
3. Print out your letters and trace with your Dremel! (We have NO pencils right now.. So I just carved over the paper!)
3. Get sawdust all over your dining table! Thank goodness we haven’t invested in a non Ikea table yet!
Not too bad for my first time! I mean, I won’t be starting an Etsy store or anything, but for some party glam it fits the bill!
4. Next, spray paint both sides with gold/copper spray paint. Let dry…
5. Then glitter bomb some of the sides and fill in the carved out letters with a black sharpie!
Look how fun they turned out!
(There’s my little moose shot glass I’m obsessed with.)
Will I make more for everyone? Hmm, might just be a birthday girl treat ;) Or a prize for one of the games. Speaking of games, check back on Wednesday for some personalized fun party gaming activities! Happy Monday everyone!
Corinna - For My Love Of says
OMG, are the people in pic #3 not complete bada**es?! Seriously cool picture. And swank city on the coasters and printable. I turn 25 in June and I’m thinking I’ll need to use your posts as a guide for the first birthday party for myself in many years.
Petite Modern Life says
Corinna! Get it girl. I told my husband, “If I’m going to have a party, I better throw it myself and have fun with it!” It’s fun because it can really be pretty simple but have lots of character at the same time. Can’t wait to see what you come up with too!
Love the fancy drinks and those glittery coasters! Girl, you know how to throw a party ;)